Mayopathy Unit of Jeevan Foundation: The Hope for New Life:
Mayopathy Unit of Jeevan Foundation, the Institute for Muscular Dystrophy & Research Center was established in 2010. It is a non-profit organization registered under the Tamil Nadu Trust Act. Located amidst a serene and soothing environment in Veeravanallur, a small hamlet in Tiruvelneli district of Tamil Nadu makes the work more encouraging and inspiring.
Mayopathy Unit of Jeevan Foundation, the Institute for Muscular Dystrophy: Goals & Objectives:
At Mayopathy Unit of Jeevan Foundation, we aim at improving the lives of children suffering from muscular dystrophy through updated means and methods. Our team of dedicated professionals ensures providing the best to the children by Mayopathy Institute of Muscular Dystrophy & Research Center, an exclusive and first-of-the-kind institution, is located at a serene, pollution-free and nature-rich environment in Veeravanallur, a small hamlet in Tirunelveli district of Tamil Nadu, India. It is one of the units of Jeevan Foundation, which is established in 2010, as a non-profit organization registered under Tamil Nadu Trust Act.
- Providing Medical and Holistic Rehabilitation
- Multi-disciplinary Team of Professionals to help Children deal with the problem
- Trained and Educated Staff Members
- Barrier-free Classroom, toilet, Doorway, and Corridor
- Follow Syllabus designed by Reputed Educationalists
- Conduct Research to Know the Causes and Solutions to the Problem
Mayopathy Unit of Jeevan Foundation: Why Are We Different?
The reasons that make us the chosen one are:
- Special bus for children who are wheel chair bound
- Specially imported hoist for children having difficulty in walking
- Specially designed railings to help children move properly
- Exclusively designed spring that keeps the wheel chair clamped to the floor
- Provide psychological and social support to children and their families
- Educate the masses about muscular dystrophy
- Building network with major social, national, and international organizations
- Trained therapists and counsellors, as well as equipments that are useful and effective
Muscular Dystrophy: A Brief Introduction:
Muscular Dystrophy or MD refers to a group of hereditary muscle disease that weakens the muscles, which moves the human body. It is characterized by progressive muscle weakness, defects in muscle proteins, and eventually leads to the death of the muscle cell and tissue. Mostly affecting boys MD reduces the life span of an individual. Hydrotherapy, physiotherapy, Occupational therapy, etc. are some of the ways to provide relief to the children diagnosed with the disease.
Muscular Dystrophy: Treatment:
It is sad but true that muscular Dystrophy is not curable but undergoing therapies can help improve the life of the child. Here at Mayopathy, Orthopedic appliances such as braces and wheelchairs are used to preserve the muscle function. Extensive researches are carried out to find a long-term solution to the problem but there are treatments, which are still in the experimental stage.